Current Watches and Warnings
California, Ventura County Coastal Valleys
Statement as of 11:46 AM PDT on September 25, 2016
Expires 6:00 PM EDT on September 26, 2016
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 3 PM PDT Monday...
* winds... areas of north to northeast winds 15 to 30 mph with
gusts to 50 mph.
* Impacts... winds this strong can down tree branches and power
lines causing power outages. Gusty winds will make driving
difficult... especially for drivers of high profile vehicles.
When driving... use extra caution. Be prepared for sudden gusty
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 9:24 AM PDT on September 25, 2016
Expires 6:00 PM EDT on September 26, 2016
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 3 PM PDT Monday for
gusty northeast winds and low relative humidity for the Ventura
and Los Angeles County valleys including the Santa Monica
* winds... northeast winds increasing to 20 to 30 mph with gusts to
45 mph on Sunday except isolated gusts to 55 mph across the
Santa Monica Mountains and foothills in eastern Ventura County.
Slightly weaker Monday.
* Relative humidity... minimum humidities between 5 and 10
percent through Monday. Poor humidity recoveries at night...
especially foothills and windy areas.
* Temperatures... highs 95 to 105 degrees. Very warm overnight
lows in the 70s to lower 80s in foothills and windy areas.
* Impacts... if fire ignition occurs there could be very rapid
spread of wildfire and extreme fire behavior that could lead
to a threat to life and property.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and hot temperatures will
create extreme fire behavior.
Please use extreme caution when using potential fire ignition
sources. Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in
the field of this red flag warning.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 8:16 AM PDT on September 25, 2016
... Peak winds last 12 hours...
Location speed time/date elevation (ft.)
... Los Angeles County...
chilao 63 mph 0753 am 09/25 5450
Whittier hills 48 mph 0857 PM 09/24 950
Mill Creek 47 mph 0753 am 09/25 5021
Warm Springs 41 mph 0753 am 09/25 4930
Camp Nine 38 mph 0655 am 09/25 4000
Saddle Peak 33 mph 1157 PM 09/24 2450
Malibu Hills 33 mph 1256 am 09/25 1575
Sandberg 33 mph 0610 am 09/25 4510
Whitaker Peak 32 mph 1057 PM 09/24 4120
Tonner Canyon 31 mph 0657 am 09/25 1338
... Ventura County...
South Mountain 35 mph 0748 am 09/25 2350
Wiley Ridge 34 mph 0749 am 09/25 1645
5 E Point Mugu 32 mph 0743 am 09/25 1714
Observations are collected from a variety of sources with varying
equipment and exposures. Not all data listed are considered official.
- Alabama - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory , Wind Advisory, Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Frost Advisory
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Special Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Record Report
- Indiana - Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maine - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Montana - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement