Current Watches and Warnings
California, Santa Barbara County Central Coast
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:19 PM PDT on October 26, 2016
Expires 3:00 PM EDT on October 28, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch for recent burn areas in effect from
Thursday afternoon through Friday morning...
The National Weather Service in Los Angeles/Oxnard has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for a portion of southwest California...
including the recent burn areas of ... San Luis Obispo County
central coast... San Luis Obispo County interior valleys and
Santa Barbara County central coast.
* From Thursday afternoon through Friday morning
* rain could become heavy at times by Thursday afternoon with the
possibility of thunderstorms through Friday morning. Downpours
exceeding one-half inch per hour could lead to the first mud
and debris flows of the season near recent burn areas.
* Debris flows will be a threat as well... especially in and below
recently burned areas.
Flash flooding and debris flows will be a particular threat in
and below the recently burned areas.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
Southern California residents... in or below the recently burned
areas are urged to take the steps necessary to protect their
property. Persons in the watch area should remain alert and
follow directions of emergency preparedness officials.
- Alaska - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Nebraska - Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Special Statement
- New Jersey - Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Record Report
- New York - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Air Quality Alert
- Oregon - Wind Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Freezing Rain Advisory
- Rhode Island - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Texas - Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory