Current Watches and Warnings
California, Lower Colorado River Valley CA
Statement as of 11:20 AM PDT on March 27, 2017
Expires 6:00 PM EDT on March 28, 2017
... Wind Advisory now in effect from 6 PM this evening to 3 PM PDT
* affected area... eastern Riverside County, Joshua Tree National
Park, and northern Imperial County. This includes Interstate
10 from Blythe toward the Coachella Valley. The higher
elevations will likely see the strongest winds.
* Timing... this evening through Tuesday mid-afternoon.
* Winds... winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts generally up to 40
mph. Gusts as high as 50 mph will be possible in Joshua Tree
National Park later tonight and early Tuesday.
* Impacts... strong Crosswinds initially affecting north/south
oriented roads this evening and then affecting east/west
oriented roads after midnight into Tuesday. Locally reduced
visibilities due to areas of blowing dust creating hazardous
driving conditions. High profile vehicles will be most
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of between
30 and 40 mph are expected, or wind gusts of between 40 and
58 mph. Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially
for high profile vehicles. In addition, strong winds over desert
areas could result in briefly lowered visibilities to well under
a mile at times in blowing dust or blowing sand. Use extra
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 12:52 PM PDT on March 27, 2017
Expires 10:00 PM EDT on March 28, 2017
... Red flag warning in effect from noon MST /noon PDT/ to 7 PM
MST /7 PM PDT/ Tuesday for strong winds, low relative humidity
and high fire danger for the lower Colorado River valley and
southwestern deserts of Arizona...
The National Weather Service in Phoenix has issued a red flag
warning for strong winds, low relative humidity and high fire
danger, which is in effect from noon MST /noon PDT/ to 7 PM MST
/7 PM PDT/ Tuesday. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected area... Arizona fire weather zone 131 Yuma/Martinez Lake
and vicinity/lower Colorado River valley AZ, Arizona fire
weather zone 132 southwest deserts and California fire weather
zone 231 lower Colorado River valley CA. This includes areas
west of Maricopa County, including Yuma and La Paz counties.
* Winds... northwest 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Timing... Tuesday afternoon.
* Relative humidity... as low as 5 to 10 percent.
* Impacts... fuels remain somewhat moist, though fire danger may
quickly become high Tuesday afternoon. These conditions combined
with low relative humidity and strong winds may lead to hazardous
fire weather conditions for a few hours.
Please advise the appropriate officials and fire crews in the
field of this red flag warning.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Frost Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut -
- Georgia -
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch
- Indiana - Flood Watch
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts -
- Michigan - Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- Nevada - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Blowing Dust Advisory, Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- New York - Areal Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Oregon - Flood Warning
- Pennsylvania - Areal Flood Watch
- Rhode Island -
- South Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Dense Fog Advisory
- Texas - Wind Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory, Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Statement , Winter Weather Advisory
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Statement , Dense Fog Advisory