San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Arizona, Eastern Cochise County Below 5000 Feet including Douglas/Willcox
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 4:14 AM MDT on September 18, 2014
Expires 7:15 PM EDT on September 18, 2014
... The Flood Warning remains in effect until 415 PM MST Thursday for
southwestern Cochise County...
At 357 am MST extremely heavy flow into and through the San Pedro
At 4am the gauge at Palominas was reporting 14.8 feet / 8100cfs. It
is expected to exceed flood stage shortly and peak at about 20.4
feet / 18300cfs around 830 am.
Further downstream... the gauge at Charleston was reporting 5.1 feet
/ 800cfs. It is expected to peak around 11.6 feet / 17000cfs this
afternoon which is just above bankfull but below flood stage.
We will keep the Flood Warning for the San Pedro for areas from the
border to just past Highway 82 for now and keep an eye on things.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or has been reported.
Stream rises will be slow and flash flooding is not expected.
However... all interested parties should take necessary precautions
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of rivers
and washes... highways and underpasses. Additionally... roads and
other low lying areas are subject to flooding.
Lat... Lon 3156 11019 3174 11025 3177 11013 3158 11007
3133 11006 3133 11018
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 8:15 AM MDT on September 18, 2014
Expires 5:00 PM EDT on September 18, 2014
The National Weather Service in Tucson has issued an
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for...
Cochise County in Southeast Arizona...
this includes the cities of... Willcox... Sierra Vista... Douglas...
* until 200 PM MST
* at 805 am MST... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated
that only isolated showers continue over portions of Cochise County
this morning... mainly over the eastern portions of the County and
moving to the east. With rainfall totals ranging from 2 to 5 inches
over the past 48 hours... numerous roadways and low water crossings
in the County will continue to be impacted by the heavy rain
received. Therefore... an Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory is in
effect until 2 PM MST. This advisory replaces the Flood Warning that
was issued during the overnight hours.
Some of the roadways that have been affected by the heavy rain and
are closed include: Davis Road from Hwy 80 to Frontier Road.
Frontier Road is closed from Double Adobe Road to Davis Road. Border
north moson Road and escapule Road in the Sierra Vista area is
closed. Parker rance Road and Coyote song in San Simon remain
closed. Balance ranch Road has been closed in Whetstone.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
A Flood Advisory means river or stream flows are elevated or ponding
of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent.
Lat... Lon 3241 10996 3241 10905 3133 10906 3135 11044
Statement as of 12:34 AM MDT on September 18, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Douglas AZ...
a record rainfall of 1.27 inch(es) was set at Douglas AZ yesterday.
This breaks the old record of 0.71 set in 1971.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 7:30 AM MDT on September 18, 2014
Estimated rainfall reports from alert gages
across Southeast Arizona...
gage location rainfall
Diamond Bell Ranch 0.31
Brawley wash at Three Point 0.31
vahalla park near wade Rd. 0.12
Brawley wash at milewide Rd 0.12
hilltop Road se of three pt 0.31
Picture Rocks 0.16
Avra Valley Airport 0.19
Ajo Detention Basin 0.08
Summit View elementary 0.08
Franco wash at Swan Road 0.16
Pima County Fair Grounds 0.43
Michigan at Calgary 0.12
Canada del Oro wash/Santa Catalina Mountains...
Dan Saddle (upper cdo) 2.44
Samaniego Peak (upper cdo) 0.31
Oracle Ridge (oracle 6s) 0.63
Cherry Spring (cdo) 0.11
Canada del Oro at Big Wash 3.23
Canada del Oro wash/NW Tucson...
Moore Road at la cholla 0.11
Sabino and bear creeks/Santa Catalina Mountains...
Mount Lemmon 1.26
Sabino creek nr Mt. Lemmon 0.28
Sabino larc 0.05
Alder Canyon/Santa Catalina Mountains...
Santa Catalina Mountains/foothills...
alter wash at Highway 286 0.43
Rillito at Dodge bldv 0.20
Rillito at la cholla 0.19
Tucson electric power 0.08
Pima air museum 0.11
Arroyo Chico at Cherry 0.12
Randolph Golf course 0.24
Craycroft at Golf links 0.08
Tanque Verde mountains/Redington pass...
Italian Trap (redington pas 1.46
White Tank (redington pass) 1.11
Tanque Verde creek/northeast Tucson...
Tucson southeast/Rincon mtns...
Manning Camp 1.06
Rincon creek at x-9 ranch 0.12
well E-8 near Pantano Rd. ( 0.08
Pantano wash at Houghton Rd 0.08
salcido place 6 mi NW mesca 0.55
Saguaro National Park east 0.14
Cienega creek/E Pima County...
Rancho del Lago 2 mi NW vai 0.15
Davidson Canyon at I-10 0.36
Empire Peak 0.67
Haystack Mountain nr County 0.67
Santa Cruz river nr contine 0.27
deq Country Club 0.12
Wilmot Rd near prison compl 0.32
Las Guijas mts. Near arivac 0.71
Keystone Peak 0.39
Tinaja ranch 0.27
anamax near Duval mine Rd. 0.31
Santa Cruz river at canoa 0.90
Tucson south/Santa Rita Mountains...
Elephant Head Butte nr made 1.37
Florida Canyon nr Madera CA 1.46
Santa Cruz County...
Ephraim wash 3.78
Sonoita gage nr Patagonia 0.19
portrero canyon 3.07
las canoas 0.55
Nogales wash 0.16
Santa Cruz river at Tubac 1.18
Graham County alert gages...
Jacobson Canyon 1.11
Emerald Park near Safford 1.38
noon creek near Safford 1.46
pinaleno park near Safford 1.61
Cochise County alert gages...
Rucker alert 2.67
Dragoon alert nr Dragoon Rd 3.31
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Public Information Statement
- Maine - Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Special Statement , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Freeze Warning
- New Jersey - Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Beach Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report