San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Arizona, Upper Santa Cruz River and Altar Valleys including Nogales
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 1:34 AM MDT on September 18, 2014
Expires 4:30 PM EDT on September 18, 2014
The National Weather Service in Tucson has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
western Santa Cruz County in Southeast Arizona...
* until 130 PM MST Thursday
* at 127 am MST heavy rainfall across Santa Cruz County and extremely
heavy rainfall in excess of 5 inches across northern Mexico is
expected to cause bankfull to flooding conditions along the Santa
Cruz river from the international border to Tubac. Areas along
and near the Santa Cruz river are at risk. At 130am MST the
gauge near the international border was over bankfull at 9.3 feet
with a flow of about 11,000 cfs. Historically this will cause
minor flooding near Tubac... however extremely heavy flow from the
Nogales wash may add to this.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or has been reported.
Stream rises will be slow and flash flooding is not expected.
However... all interested parties should take necessary precautions
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause elevated levels on
rivers... creeks... and washes. Areas near rivers and washes may be
prone to flooding as well as other poor drainage areas.
Lat... Lon 3147 11103 3162 11109 3164 11102 3149 11097
3133 11079 3132 11080 3133 11087
Statement as of 12:34 AM MDT on September 18, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Douglas AZ...
a record rainfall of 1.27 inch(es) was set at Douglas AZ yesterday.
This breaks the old record of 0.71 set in 1971.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 5:40 AM MDT on September 18, 2014
Estimated rainfall reports from alert gages
across Southeast Arizona...
gage location rainfall
Diamond Bell Ranch 0.31
Brawley wash at Three Point 0.31
vahalla park near wade Rd. 0.12
Brawley wash at milewide Rd 0.12
hilltop Road se of three pt 0.31
Picture Rocks 0.16
Avra Valley Airport 0.19
Ajo Detention Basin 0.08
Summit View elementary 0.08
Franco wash at Swan Road 0.16
Pima County Fair Grounds 0.43
Michigan at Calgary 0.12
Canada del Oro wash/Santa Catalina Mountains...
Dan Saddle (upper cdo) 2.44
Samaniego Peak (upper cdo) 0.31
Oracle Ridge (oracle 6s) 0.63
Cherry Spring (cdo) 0.11
Canada del Oro at Big Wash 3.23
Canada del Oro wash/NW Tucson...
Moore Road at la cholla 0.11
Sabino and bear creeks/Santa Catalina Mountains...
Mount Lemmon 1.26
Sabino creek nr Mt. Lemmon 0.28
Sabino larc 0.05
Alder Canyon/Santa Catalina Mountains...
Santa Catalina Mountains/foothills...
alter wash at Highway 286 0.43
Rillito at Dodge bldv 2.05
Rillito at la cholla 0.19
Tucson electric power 0.08
Pima air museum 0.11
Arroyo Chico at Cherry 0.12
Randolph Golf course 0.24
Craycroft at Golf links 0.08
Tanque Verde mountains/Redington pass...
Italian Trap (redington pas 1.46
White Tank (redington pass) 1.11
Tanque Verde creek/northeast Tucson...
Tucson southeast/Rincon mtns...
Manning Camp 1.06
Rincon creek at x-9 ranch 0.12
well E-8 near Pantano Rd. ( 0.08
Pantano wash at Houghton Rd 0.08
salcido place 6 mi NW mesca 0.55
Saguaro National Park east 0.14
Cienega creek/E Pima County...
Rancho del Lago 2 mi NW vai 0.15
Davidson Canyon at I-10 0.36
Empire Peak 0.67
Haystack Mountain nr County 0.67
Santa Cruz river nr contine 0.27
deq Country Club 0.12
Wilmot Rd near prison compl 0.32
Las Guijas mts. Near arivac 0.71
Keystone Peak 0.39
Tinaja ranch 0.27
anamax near Duval mine Rd. 0.31
Santa Cruz river at canoa 0.90
Tucson south/Santa Rita Mountains...
Elephant Head Butte nr made 1.37
Florida Canyon nr Madera CA 1.46
Santa Cruz County...
Ephraim wash 3.78
Sonoita gage nr Patagonia 0.19
portrero canyon 3.07
las canoas 0.55
Nogales wash 0.16
Santa Cruz river at Tubac 1.18
Graham County alert gages...
Jacobson Canyon 1.11
Emerald Park near Safford 1.38
noon creek near Safford 1.46
pinaleno park near Safford 1.61
Cochise County alert gages...
Rucker alert 2.67
Dragoon alert nr Dragoon Rd 3.31
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Freeze Watch
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Freeze Watch
- New Jersey - Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, Beach Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report