San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Arizona, Western Pima County Including Ajo/Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument
Blowing Dust Advisory
Statement as of 3:08 AM MDT on July 25, 2014
... Blowing dust advisory remains in effect from 2 PM this
afternoon to 9 PM MST this evening...
A blowing dust advisory remains in effect from 2 PM this
afternoon to 9 PM MST this evening.
* Impacts... blowing dust can restrict visibilities below a mile
posing a significant hazard to motorists. In addition... strong
and gusty winds will likely suspend dust into the air that
people and animals breathe. Individuals with heart disease and
respiratory sensitivities may want to reduce their level of
exertion to limit the dust they breathe into their lungs...
especially if the are near dust-prone locations. Those most at
risk may feel better if they avoid outside exercise today...
keeping windows and doors closed to help reduce exposure.
* Timing... strong and gusty thunderstorm outflows should
initially develop across eastern Pima County... southeast Pinal
County and the Tohono Oodham Nation by mid to late afternoon.
These outflows will generally track to the northwest...
potentially consolidating and forming a haboob. This type of
scenario would impact the Interstate 10 corridor northwest of
* Winds... thunderstorm outflow winds of 35 to 45 mph... generally
blowing towards the northwest.
* Visibility... areas of blowing dust will restrict visibilities
below a mile. Locally dense blowing dust will significantly
reduce visibilities below a quarter mile.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area... visit
weather.Gov/Tucson and click on the detailed hazards tab
* current air pollution levels are available from the Pima
County department of environmental quality website at
www.Pima.Gov/deq or by calling (520) 724-7446
A blowing dust advisory means that blowing dust will restrict
visibilities below one mile in some areas. Travelers are urged to
use caution. If you encounter localized dense blowing dust...
especially near plowed fields or construction sites... do not
drive into it if at all possible.
- Alaska - Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Blowing Dust Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Indiana - Record Report
- Iowa - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Maryland - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Nebraska - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Heat Advisory, Excessive Heat Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Special Statement
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning