Current Watches and Warnings
Arizona, Lake Havasu and Fort Mohave
Excessive Heat Warning
Statement as of 3:17 AM MDT on July 28, 2016
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on July 29, 2016
... Excessive heat warning now extended through 8 PM PDT /8 PM MST/
* temperature... highs 110 to 115 in the Mojave Desert..115 to 120 in
the Colorado River valley and near 125 for Death Valley. Low
temperatures only falling into the upper 80s or low 90s for most
of the region.
* Impacts... an excessive heat warning means that a prolonged
period of dangerously hot temperatures will occur. Heat
related illnesses such as heat exhaustion and heat stroke will
be likely. People most vulnerable include those who are
spending lots of time outdoors... those who do not have air
conditioning... Young children... the elderly... and those with
Drink plenty of liquids... stay in an air-conditioned room... stay
out of the sun... and check up on relatives and neighbors. If you
plan to be outside... avoid prolonged exposure or strenuous
physical activity and take frequent breaks in the shade.
Alcoholic and caffeinated beverages should be avoided. Wear light
weight... light colored... loose fitting clothing. Young children
and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles under any
Statement as of 7:02 PM PDT on July 27, 2016
... Several records broken or tied across the region today...
... Las Vegas...
The high temperature at McCarran International Airport peaked out at
115 degrees today. That tied the previous record of 115 degrees last
set in 1943.
This mornings low of 90 degrees at McCarran International Airport
broke the old record of 89 degrees set in 2010 for the warmest low
Records for Las Vegas date back to 1937.
... Needles CA...
The high temperature at Needles reached 119 degrees today. That tied
the previous record of 119 degrees last set in 1889.
This mornings low of 95 degrees tied the old record of 95 degrees
set in 1943 for the warmest low temperature.
Records for Needles date back to 1888.
... Bishop CA...
The high temperature at Bishop reached 108 degrees today. That
broke the previous record of 106 degrees set in 2006.
Records for Bishop data back to 1943.
... Barstow-Daggett CA...
This mornings low of 83 degrees broke the old record of 82 degrees
set in 2013 for the warmest low temperature.
Records for Barstow-Daggett date back to 1943.
The above information is preliminary and subject to a final review.
For final certified data please contact the office of noaa's
National centers for environmental information (ncei) located in
Asheville, North Carolina.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Delaware - Flash Flood Watch
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Air Quality Alert
- Indiana - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Maine - Air Quality Alert
- Maryland - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Michigan - Special Statement , Special Statement, Beach Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Record Report
- Nebraska - Special Statement
- Nevada - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Air Quality Alert
- New Jersey - Flash Flood Watch
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Ohio - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Oklahoma - Air Quality Alert
- Pennsylvania - Flash Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Texas - Record Report
- Utah - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report