Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 9:58 AM CDT on August 20, 2017
Expires 2:00 PM EDT on August 24, 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
the Cache River near Patterson.
* Until Thursday afternoon... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 9:00 am Sunday the stage was 9.3 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 9.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river is cresting and will begin to fall Monday
* Impacts at 9.0 feet... low swampy Timberland along the river begins
to flood. Flood gates should be closed and equipment moved out of
the low grounds along the river and tributaries.
Fld observed forecast 6 am crest
location stg stg day time Mon Tue Wed crest time date
Patterson 9 9.3 sun 09 am 9.3 9.1 9.0 ***cresting***
Lat... Lon 3510 9133 3522 9128 3539 9123 3538 9113
3521 9117 3508 9122
Statement as of 2:46 PM CDT on August 20, 2017
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on August 20, 2017
... Heat advisory remains in effect until 7 PM CDT this evening...
* event: hot and humid conditions will continue across portions
of the area... with heat index values at or above 105 during
the afternoon hours.
* Areas affected: much of central and southern Arkansas
* timing: expect heat index values to rise to near or just over
105 degrees by midday... persisting through much of the afternoon
hours. Expect cooler conditions by this evening.
* Impacts: oppressive heat conditions may lead to heat stroke
and dehydration for people outdoors.
A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
expected. The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity
will combine to create a situation in which heat illnesses are
possible. Drink plenty of fluids... stay in an air-conditioned
room... stay out of the sun... and check up on relatives and
Take extra precautions... if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work... the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency... call 9 1 1.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Colorado -
- Florida - Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Hawaii - Special Statement , Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Heat Advisory
- Maine - Beach Hazard Statement
- Mississippi - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Nevada -
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- New York -
- North Carolina - Flood Watch / Flood Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Ohio -
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Pennsylvania -
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch
- Tennessee - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Virgin Islands - Areal Flood Advisory
- Wyoming - Special Statement