San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Greater Lake Tahoe Area
Lake Wind Advisory
Statement as of 3:20 PM PDT on October 24, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on October 26, 2014
... Lake Wind Advisory remains in effect from 11 PM this evening
to 11 PM PDT Saturday for Lake Tahoe...
A lake Wind Advisory for Lake Tahoe remains in effect from 11 PM
this evening to 11 PM PDT Saturday.
* Winds: south to southwest 15 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Wave heights: 2 to 4 feet. Highest waves from mid lake to north
and east shores.
* Small boats will be prone to capsizing and should remain off
lake waters until conditions improve.
Check our website at weather.Gov/Reno or listen to NOAA Weather
Radio for updates on this situation.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:57 PM PDT on October 24, 2014
Expires 6:00 PM EDT on October 25, 2014
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 8 am to 3 PM PDT
Saturday for strong winds and low humidity for the western Nevada
* affected area... fire zone 450 western Nevada Sierra front.
* Winds... southwest 20 to 35 mph with gusts to 55 mph. Wind
prone areas along the Sierra front may gust up to 65 mph.
* Humidity... 13 to 22 percent.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low humidity will
create critical fire weather conditions.
A red flag warning means weather conditions can cause fires to
grow rapidly in size and intensity before first responders can
contain them. Avoid doing outdoor activities that can create a
spark near dry vegetation... such as yard work... target shooting...
or campfires. Continue to check weather.Gov/Reno for updates and
- Alaska - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory, High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Iowa - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Maine - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory
- North Dakota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Washington - Wind Advisory
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement