Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Greater Lake Tahoe Area
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 1:11 PM PDT on July 27, 2016
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on July 30, 2016
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Friday afternoon through
Friday evening for thunderstorms and strong outflow winds for
portions of northeast California and western Nevada...
The National Weather Service in Reno has issued a Fire Weather
Watch for thunderstorms and strong outflow winds, which is in
effect from Friday afternoon through Friday evening.
* Affected area... fire zone 270 Surprise Valley California, fire
zone 271 western Lassen/eastern Plumas/eastern Sierra/eastern
Nevada counties, fire zone 273 Mono and eastern alpine counties,
fire zone 278 eastern Lassen County, fire zone 450 western
Nevada Sierra front, fire zone 458 northern Washoe County and
western fire zone 459 Mineral and southern Lyon counties.
* Thunderstorms... isolated thunderstorms are expected to develop
Friday afternoon and continue into Friday evening. Storms may
become scattered in the late afternoon.
* Outflow winds... gusts to 50 mph are likely with locally higher
gusts over 60 mph possible in the desert areas.
* Impacts... lightning can create new fire starts and may combine
with strong outflow winds to cause a fire to rapidly grow in
size and intensity.
Avoid outdoor activities that can cause a spark near dry
vegetation, such as yard work, target shooting, or campfires.
Follow local fire restrictions. Check weather.Gov/Reno for
updates and livingwithfire.Info for preparedness tips.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Delaware - Flash Flood Watch
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Air Quality Alert
- Indiana - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Maine - Air Quality Alert
- Maryland - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Michigan - Special Statement , Special Statement, Beach Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Record Report
- Nebraska - Special Statement
- Nevada - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Air Quality Alert
- New Jersey - Flash Flood Watch
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Ohio - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Oklahoma - Air Quality Alert
- Pennsylvania - Flash Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory
- Texas - Record Report
- Utah - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report