Current Watches and Warnings
California, Sierra Nevada from Yosemite to Kings Canyon
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 7:51 PM PST on December 16, 2017
Expires 1:00 PM EST on December 17, 2017
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 10 am PST Sunday for
gusty winds and low relative humidity...
* wind... northerly winds of 15 to 30 mph with local gusts over
50 mph. Strongest gusts will be over the North Bay mountains
and East Bay hills.
* Humidity... minimum humidity readings of 10 to 20% during the
day. Nighttime maximum humidity readings will likely recover
early in the night then drop to 25 to 35%.
* Highest threat... elevations above 1000 ft, especially in the
North Bay mountains and East Bay hills.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 6:58 PM PST on December 16, 2017
Expires 9:58 AM EST on December 17, 2017
... Wind reports for today...
Location speed time/date elevation (ft.)
... San Joaquin Valley...
Gustine Airport 59 mph 0919 am 12/16 79
Panoche Road 51 mph 0127 PM 12/16 2055
Kettleman hills 51 mph 1250 PM 12/16 810
8 WNW Coalinga 47 mph 0620 PM 12/16 2729
Lemoore Nas 46 mph 0958 am 12/16 233
Los Banos 46 mph 0954 am 12/16 104
Santa Nella 43 mph 1100 am 12/16 171
kettlemen city 43 mph 1239 PM 12/16 482
Huron 42 mph 0107 PM 12/16 403
San Luis NWR 41 mph 1031 am 12/16 65
Firebaugh 41 mph 1031 am 12/16 223
Merced Airport 40 mph 0339 PM 12/16 153
Highway 41 at Kettleman City 39 mph 1232 PM 12/16 272
I-5 at Panoche Road 37 mph 1226 PM 12/16 470
Harris Ranch 36 mph 1239 PM 12/16 469
San Luis Reservoir 35 mph 0132 PM 12/16 320
San Luis dam 35 mph 1202 PM 12/16 323
Highway 99 at Merced 35 mph 0340 PM 12/16 182
Observations are collected from a variety of sources with varying
equipment and exposures. We thank all volunteer weather observers
for their dedication. Not all data listed are considered official.
- Alaska - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Arizona - Winter Weather Advisory
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida -
- Hawaii - High Wind Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Illinois -
- Indiana -
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning
- Maine - Wind Chill Advisory
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Missouri -
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory
- New York - Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Air Stagnation Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Virginia -
- Washington - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement