San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
California, Greater Lake Tahoe Area
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 11:11 AM PDT on October 30, 2014
Expires 2:00 PM EDT on November 01, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 5 PM Friday to 11 am PDT
The National Weather Service in Reno has issued a Winter Storm
Warning for heavy snow... which is in effect from 5 PM Friday to
11 am PDT Saturday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
* Timing: an early season winter storm will produce moderate to
heavy snow Friday night and early Saturday morning. Snow may
not stick to roads below 7000 feet until after midnight
* Snow accumulations: 8 to 14 inches above 7000 feet. Up to 6
inches below 7000 feet... with 5 to 10 inches along and west of
* Winds: southwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Gusts of
40 to 60 mph are possible over ridges.
* Snow levels: 7500 to 8500 feet on Friday... lowering to 6500 to
7000 feet Friday evening... then falling to 5000 to 5500 feet
* Impacts: slick and snow covered roads with whiteout conditions
around the Tahoe basin and Alpine County. This includes
Interstate 80 and highways 50... 88... 89... 267 and The Mount rose
Highway. Snow may lead to the winter closure of ebbetts and
monitor passes in Alpine County.
Conditions can deteriorate rapidly during winter storms... slow
down and allow extra time when traveling. Carry tire chains...
food... water... blankets and a flashlight in your car in case of an
emergency. Check our website at weather.Gov/Reno or listen to NOAA
Weather Radio for updates on this situation.
Lake Wind Advisory
Statement as of 2:26 PM PDT on October 30, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on October 31, 2014
... Lake Wind Advisory in effect from 5 am to 5 PM PDT Friday for
The National Weather Service in Reno has issued a lake Wind
Advisory for Lake Tahoe... which is in effect from 5 am to 5 PM
* Winds: southwest 15 to 20 mph with gusts to 35 mph.
* Wave heights: 2 to 4 feet.
* Small boats will be prone to capsizing and should remain off
lake waters until conditions improve.
Check our website at weather.Gov/Reno or listen to NOAA Weather
Radio for updates on this situation.
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning
- Georgia - Freeze Watch
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Freeze Warning
- Kentucky - Freeze Watch , Winter Weather Advisory, Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Freeze Watch
- Missouri - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- North Carolina - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Freeze Watch
- Oklahoma - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Freeze Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Texas - Frost Advisory
- Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Frost Advisory
- Washington - Flood Warning
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- - Gale Warning